Friday, March 15, 2013

Psychometry and Psychoscopy

Kirlian photograph of two german one pfennig c...

Psychometry and Psychoscopy

After our recent post on Kirlian photography I got to thinking about the disciplined known as psychometry--although for the longest time I kept looking up the word "psychotelemetry" and didn't find anything. SO, known that I've got the right word let's take a look at what is meant by it?

Greek letters used in mathematics, science, an...Origins of Psychometry

The word "psychometry" comes from the combination of the Greek psukhē, "spirit, soul" with the word metron meaning "measure". It is also known as token object reading and is a way of extra-sensory understanding recognized by the capacity to make accurate associations from an item of unidentified provenancce by making physical contact with that item. Followers claim that an item may have an energy area that exchanges information regarding that object's record.

Psychometry in the Literature


There have been many cases recorded in para-scientific literature in the past century. The following excerpts are take from The Secret Science Behind Miracles, by Max Freedom Long, [1948], at sacred-texts.com:

Psychometry, Crystal Gazing and Related Phenomena
The Cases:
(A) A piece of lava was psychometrized by Mrs. Cridge, and the impression she received of the volcano was so vivid and frightening that she was seized with a feeling of terror that lasted for over an hour.
(B) Mrs. Denton psychometrized a fragment of mastodon tooth and described the sensations which resulted: "I feel like a perfect monster, with heavy legs, unwieldy head, and very large body. I go down to a shallow stream to drink. I can hardly speak, my jaws are so heavy. I feel like getting down on all fours. What a noise comes through the wood. I have an impulse to answer it. My ears are very large and leathery, and I can almost fancy they flap my face as I move my head. There are some older ones than I.… They are dark brown, as if they had been completely tanned. There is one old fellow, with large tusks, that looks very tough. I see several younger ones; in fact, there is a whole herd."
Note: Ossowiecki, one of the foremost psychometrists of our time, gives an excellent description of his sensations during the practice of this form of magic:
"I begin by stopping all reasoning, and I throw all my inner power into perception of spiritual sensation. I affirm that this condition is brought about by my unshakable faith in the spiritual unity of all humanity.
p. 133

English: rudraksha mala and stone mala

More to the Story

My interest in psychometry has been piqued by my own repeated and diligent use of malas (Buddhist rosaries) in my meditation practices and the idea of imparting spiritual energy into objects. I hope to return to this theme in more detail with especial regard to the energy fields of religious artifacts. Until then, every good blessing!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment