Friday, March 8, 2013

Jahannam - Hell in Islam

Jahannam and NDEs

According to the tenets of the Muslim faith, death is the complete end of physical life and the beginning of a period of rest until the day of resurrection when Allah judges the living and the dead.


Many Muslims believe that the righteous are able to see visions of God after loss of life and that the evil see thoughts of terrible suffering and hellfire. Except for these possible thoughts of paradise or hell, Muslims believe the spirit continues to be in a type of "soul sleep" until the Day of Judgement. When the Day of Verdict comes, everyone is assessed according to their actions in lifestyle. Many Muslims believe that non-Muslims can obtain paradise only after a interval of filtration in the flames  of purgatory.

English: A green version of http://commons.wik...

Mebruke's Near-Death Experience

The only account of an NDE experienced by a Muslim (I am not counting the supposed Christian converts after an NDE which litter the pages of YouTube) is found quoted below:
Mebruke is a thirty-year-old Saudi Arabian living in New York City. At the age of twenty she was swimming in the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of Italy when she became tired. As she headed for shore, she realized that she was too far out to make it back. She began to struggle and swallow water. Finally she slipped beneath the waves.
"I went under for the fourth time, and my body went limp and I wasn't aware of it anymore. It was at this point that I saw a beautiful white light. It was so bright and yet it had such a calming effect that the more I looked at it, the calmer I felt. To this day I can't really say what that light was. In my religion (Muslim) there are beings called angels who are made out of pure white light. Maybe that is what I saw.
"Anyway, while I was underwater, I heard a voice say, 'You are not to die like this.' Suddenly I felt this energy shoot through me from my feet to my head, and at the same time I seemed to be propelled out of the water. It was as if someone was physically bringing me out of the water, but I can swear that there was no physical being there.
"I was moved through the water, I don't know how else to describe it. Before long a boat came, and a man reached over the side and pulled me out. When he did that, I started to laugh because I was so glad to be out of the water."



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment